10.18.2009

Lit Reviews, Statistical Support, and Rabbit Holes...Oh My!

This lit review for Dr. A's study is making me want to bang my head against hard objects...repeatedly. I have it all soooooo organized, with the citations placed within their spot on the outline, and the articles all stacked/saved in the order they will be cited within the article. Yet, once I sit down to write, it is all for naught. *sigh* The rule is: Must sit down to write for AT LEAST 30 minutes per day until it is finished. (I'm not going to tell you what my reward system is but trust me, it will get me moving.)

In my Experimental Psych class, Dr. Heart Throb, and the rest of the class, chose my experimental design for a class project. It was a study on the sexual double standard. I'm not going to go into technical details, as they would bore you, but my idea rocked. And my hypothesis, supported. There's nothing like designing your first experment, gathering and analyzing data, and getting statistically significant results in support of your hypothesis...if you are a super-nerdy budding scientist like me, that is.
Speaking of, I think Dr. HT is growing on me. Funny how I didn't get why everyone thought he was hot until he mentioned his subscription to my favorite magazine (Scientific American) and ran some extra, unnecessary post-hocs on my data (just for fun) at my request (despite the resounding groans of everyone else in that class). There's something wrong with me. Ha.

Anyway, all A's thus far in my classes. I'm not looking forward to the 3 poster presentations all within 2 days of each other, but I'm not worried about them either. Metric is coming in December, Peaches/Butthole Surfers at the end of this month...at least a couple things to look forward to. No Cowboys game this weekend, but oh well.

Oh yeah, and you can SUCK IT, Medco. I hope you (the company as a whole) die when the healthcare bill gets passed, you fucking assholes.

*deep breath*

Sorry 'bout that, you guys. Have a good week(end).

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment